Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Armed Groups Kill 200 People in East DR Congo

INTRO:

A charity organisation that monitors armed conflict in the east of the Democratic Republic of Congo says nearly 200 people were killed in violence last month.

The Kivu Security Tracker says the killings were carried out by armed groups and Congolese security forces in the restive region.

The death toll is reported to be the highest since 2017.

Chris Ocamringa has that report from Kinshasa.

IN: Clashes between militias.......
OUT: SOC
DUR: