Friday, March 2, 2018

UN condemns Burkina Faso attack

Gunmen have launched coordinated attacks on at least two areas of Burkina Faso's capital.

The militants attacked the French embassy and the military headquarters in Ouagadougou.

At least 7 soldiers and 6 attackers have been killed, but the death is expected to rise.

The United Nations has condemned the incident. 

UN Secretary-General spokesman Stephane Dujarric said the UN chief had been in touch with the government.

IN: "The Secretary..."
OUT: "....solidarity."
DUR: 16 seconds

CLIP 1: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0302burkino-dujarric1.mp3

UN Secretary-General spokesman Stephane Dujarric said the UN chief has asked his envoy to travel to the country.

IN: "The Secretary..."
OUT: "....times."
DUR: 26 seconds

CLIP 2: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0302burkino-dujarric2.mp3