Friday, February 2, 2018

Republicans release memo accusing FBI/DOJ of anti-trump bias


The U.S. congress has released a memo which accuses the FBI and the DOJ of abusing their powers and demonstrating anti-trump bias in the Russia investigation.

The memo was made public after President Trump sanctioned it's release against the advice of the FBI who warned it was inaccurate and misleading.

Kevin McAleese has the latest from Washington

IN: The 4-page…'
OUT: SOC
DUR: 43 secs

GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202memo-km-generic.mp3

US Imposes Arms Embargo on South Sudan

The United States has imposed  an arms embargo on South Sudan.

The civil war has pushed 1.5 million people to the brink of famine and millions have fled the conflict in the world's youngest country.

The embargo is largely symbolic because South Sudanese forces acquire arms from elsewhere.

But it comes just days before a new round of peace talks being hosted in Ethiopia next week.

Our Washington Correspondent Daniel Ryntjes says American pressure may be increasing...

IN: The US does have...
OUT: ...warring parties.
DUR: 35"


Our Washington Correspondent Daniel Ryntjes says it signals a US commitment for further action.

IN: If the US  wants...
OUT: ...an open question.
DUR: 29"


Memo is a disgrace - Pres. Trump

U.S. President Donald Trump has said what the controversial Nunes memo reveals is a disgrace and people should be ashamed.

The Democrats counter the memo is completely misleading and it's release reckless, and if the President tries to fire anyone, that would be obstructing justice.

Our U.S. correspondent Priscilla Huff has more:

IN: "hen asked... 
OUT: ...from Washington."
DUR: 45 


***

Controversial Nunes memo released

The chair of the House Select Committee on Intelligence Devin Nunes has published his controversial memo about the Russia investigation.

The publication was quickly criticized as misleading and an attempt to protect the President.

Our U.S. correspondent Priscilla Huff reports: 

IN: "Two words...
OUT: SOC
DUR: 44


***

Controversial Nunes memo released

The controversial Nunes memo has been released, after U.S. President Donald Trump followed through on his promise to release it.

The memo is seen as a way for some Republicans to discredit the Russia investigation into meddling in American politics.

Our U.S. correspondent Priscilla Huff reports:

IN: "Moments after...
OUT: ....from Washington."
DUR: 50


***

Ethiopia lifts ban on Employment travel to middle East

Ethiopia has lifted a ban on foreign travel especially to the Middle East. 

The ban was effected 4 years ago when Saudi Arabia forcefully deported thousands of Ethiopians who were there illegally.

Coletta Wanjohi reports from Addis Ababa:

In : In 2013
Out: Bahrain
Dur : 54

Generic: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202ethiopia-cw-generic.mp3

Strong US jobs & wage growth

The US economy added more jobs than expected in January, with wages
rising at their strongest pace since 2009.

The latest government data also shows unemployment remained at 4.1%.

US correspondent Nick Harper reports from New York.

IN: "A strong..."
OUT: SOC
DUR: 34 seconds

CLIP: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202jobs-nh.mp3

Pres. Trump attacks FBI, Justice Dept.

Ahead of the expected release of the controversial Nunes memo, U.S. President Donald Trump attacked American law enforcement on social media.

The White House has sent the memo back to Capitol Hill, after the American President read it, leaving the final decision on release to the Republican Chair of the House Select Committee on Intelligence, Representative Devin Nunes.

Our U.S. correspondent Priscilla Huff reports:

IN: "U.S. President ... 
OUT: ...from Washington."
DUR: 50
POT: 40


***

LONDON VAN ATTACKER SENTENCED TO LIFE

The man who drove a van into Muslim worshippers outside a London mosque last year has been sentenced to life in prison.

Darren Osborne had been found guilty of murder and attempted murder over the attack which left a man dead and 12 other people injured.

Olly Barratt reports from London.

IN: "What we…
OUT: …as well."
DUR: 19 seconds

http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202osborne-ob-generic.mp3

Theresa May heads back from China to face calls over Brexit stance

British Prime Minister Theresa May is facing increasing pressure to explain her priorities on the UK's future trade relationship with the European Union. 

Following a visit to China, Mrs. May said the UK would not have choose between a free trade deal with the European Union and pursuing agreements with the rest of the world.

Paul Barber reports from London.

IN: After three days
OUT: SOC
DUR: 40 seconds




Excavation for Australian missing children case called off

In Australia an excavation at a factory site in Adelaide has been called off after failing to find the remains of the missing Beaumont children, ensuring the 50-year mystery of their disappearance will continue.
Arthur Stevens has an update

IN: "The dig in Adelaide's..."
OUT: SOC
DUR: 55 sec
POT: 44 sec

938: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-938.mp3
FM4: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-fm4.mp3
RNZ: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-rnz.mp3
VATI:
http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-vat.mp3
SRN: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-srn.mp3
GENERIC: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-gen.mp3
ZIZ: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-ziz.mp3
VON: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-von.mp3
ICRT: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-icrt.mp3
ARN: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumont-update-as-arn.mp3

Kenya Media Shut Down

Intro;

 

Three of Kenya's largest private TV channels remain off the air, despite an order by the country's High Court suspending a shutdown.

 

The government cut off KTN, NTV, and Citizen TV over plans to broadcast opposition leader Raila Odinga's unofficial inauguration on Tuesday.

Our reporter Michael Baleke reports from Kampala.

 

IN: " The court suspended the ban for 14 days...


OUT:
SOC


DUR:
34​ secs​

GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202kenyamediashutdown-mb-generic.mp3


--


Michael Baleke,
Correspondent / Uganda Bureau Chief




Phone: +256 751 914 838
          michaelbaleke@gmail.com
Twitter: @mbaleke
Website: www.featurestorynews.com 
Address: Regency Apartments & Suites, Plot 30, Lugogo Bypass, Kampala. (Uganda)

SA Trapped Miners Rescued

Intro;

Close to 1000 miners have been rescued from a gold mine in South Africa.

This after a severe storm knocked out power and stranded them underground.

According to the mine operator, power has been restored and the miners safely hoisted to the surface.

Our reporter Michael Baleke reports from Kampala.


IN: " The mining company says all the workers...


OUT:
SOC


DUR:
44​ secs​

GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202trappedminers-mb-generic.mp3

 

--

Michael Baleke,
Correspondent / Uganda Bureau Chief




Phone: +256 751 914 838
          michaelbaleke@gmail.com
Twitter: @mbaleke
Website: www.featurestorynews.com 
Address: Regency Apartments & Suites, Plot 30, Lugogo Bypass, Kampala. (Uganda)

German industrial union holds third day of strikes

Germany's largest labor union staged walkouts for the third straight day, crippling production at some of the country's biggest companies. 


The industrial workers union is demanding significant pay increases for almost four millions workers in Europe's largest economy.


Ira Spitzer has more from Berlin.


IN: "The 24-hour strikes…"
OUT: SOC
DUR: :36

Five Eritrean migrants shot in fight in Calais

At least five young Eritrean men are in a critical condition in hospital in northern France after shots were fired during a fight in Calais.

Reports say a mass brawl broke out between Eritrean and Afghan migrants, and police broke it up. It's not clear who fired the shots. Elena Casas reports from Paris.


IN: "Four Eritrean teenagers...

OUT: SOC

DUR: 39s


http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202calaisfight-ec.mp3

FINSBURY PARK ATTACKER TO BE SENTENCED

A man found guilty of murder after driving a van into a crowd of Muslims near two London mosques will be sentenced later.

Darren Osborne was also convicted of attempted murder after the attack in Finsbury Park in June of 2017.

Rachel Venables reports from Woolwich Crown Court.

IN: "It took…
OUT: …community."
Dur: 84 seconds

http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202osborne-venables1.mp3

Five Eritrean migrants shot in fight in Calais

At least five young Eritrean men are in a critical condition in hospital in northern France after shots were fired during a fight in Calais.

Reports say a mass brawl broke out between Eritrean and Afghan migrants, and police broke it up. It's not clear who fired the shots. Elena Casas reports from Paris.


http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202calaisfight-ec.mp3



Russia marks 75 years since Battle of Stalingrad

Russia is marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad, one of the worst battles between the Nazis and the Soviet Army during the second world war. Lucy Taylor reports.


IN: It was one...

OUT: SOC

Dur: 00:38



AIR: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-air.mp3

ARN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-arn.mp3

FM4: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-fm4.mp3

GENERIC: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-generic.mp3

ICRT: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-icrt.mp3

NIGERIA: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-von.mp3

938LIVE: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-938.mp3

RNZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-rnz.mp3

SRN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-srn.mp3

VATICAN: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-vat.mp3

ZIZ: http://www.fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202stalingrad-lt-ziz.p3



U.S. officials: Syria may be developing new chemical weapons

The United States believes the Syrian government may be producing new chemical weapons, according to U.S. reports.

There are also concerns Syrian President Bashar al-Assad may have kept hold of some chemical stockpiles despite a 2013 deal brokered by Washington and Moscow to remove and destroy his supplies.

Kevin McAleese reports from the US Capital...

IN: Trump...
OUT: SOC
DUR: 42 secs

Excavation underway for Adelaide children missing since 1966

In Australia, a renewed excavation for the remains of three children who went missing 52 years ago, the Beaumont children in Adelaide will be "slow and methodical" amid hopes a significant breakthrough in Australia's most enduring mystery is within reach.
Arthur Stevens has more

IN: "The dig, at the..."
OUT: SOC
DUR: 49 sec
POT: 36 sec

938: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-938.mp3
FM4: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-fm4.mp3
RNZ: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-rnz.mp3
VATI:
http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-vat.mp3
SRN: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-srn.mp3
GENERIC: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-gen.mp3
ZIZ: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-ziz.mp3
VON: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-von.mp3
ICRT: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-icrt.mp3
ARN: http://fsnradionews.com/feeds/0202beaumonts-as-arn.mp3